Who are Endeavour Foundation?
Endeavour Foundation help people with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by assisting them to make the most of their individual skills and interests, whether that is developing life skills, trying a new activity, work or learning. They have particular focus on people with an intellectual disability.
Why do they exist?
Endeavour Foundation are “dedicated to helping people with a disability live fulfilling lives, working together to turn possibilities into reality for each individual”.
What do they do?
Endeavour Foundation provide support services across the following areas:
- Home and daily life: in-home support, one-on-one support, residential accommodation support, respite, children, youth and family services, transition to independent living, and health and wellbeing in later life.
- Learning: youth transition pathways, continued learning for under 30s (CLUE), learning and lifestyle, community learning hub, and support for school leavers.
- Work: supported employment, disability employment services, youth transition pathways, community learning hub, and support for school leavers.
- Social and community participation: learning and lifestyle, continued learning for under 30s (CLUE), one-on-one support, respite, specialist behaviour support, children, youth and family services, and support for school leavers.
- Relationships and independence: Your Life Your Choice programme, specialist behaviour support, and support coordination.
They also run the a number of social enterprises, including: recycled clothing stores, Kingaroy Kitchen, tip shops and recycled markets, QArt Gallery and Hearths.
How do they earn their money?
How do they spend their money?
Should I donate to Endeavour Foundation?
Endeavour Foundation are a legally registered charity with deductible gift recipient status. They are clear about their achievements, list their key people and how they are governed, and are transparent with their finances. They indicate that they are evaluating the success of their programs and actively seek out feedback from beneficiaries, which in turn helps them improve service delivery. They also indicate how their work is integrated with government disability policy.
However, we need to see more before having complete confidence in Endeavour Foundation. While their financial report is comprehensive, they do not present a breakdown of expenses by strategic area which is necessary for us understand their true program priorities. We would also like to see more on Endeavour Foundation’s Strategic Plan. How will it be executed? How will performance be monitored so we know they are on track? Finally, Endeavour Foundation indicate that they have evaluative systems in place and share some of their results. However, in order to have confidence in these numbers, we need to know more about the method of evaluation.
After assessing both their strengths and weaknesses, our recommendation for Endeavour Foundation is neutral. They demonstrate they are trustworthy and somewhat effective, but we need further assurances before being able to recommend them with confidence.
In order to improve our confidence with Endeavour Foundation, we would like to see:
- a breakdown of expenses across program areas;
- further details on the strategic plan, including how it will be executed and monitored; and
- copies of evaluation reports.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
We have investigated the finances, operations and results of Endeavour Foundation and present our evaluation in a report that you can download now. This evaluation shows you how your donation is spent, who is running the organisation and whether there are any potential conflicts of interest. It also examines whether the charity can demonstrate that they are delivering meaningful results. Finally, it contains our recommendations for potential donors and the reasoning behind them.
Download our complete evaluation of Endeavour Foundation below to find out if they're the charity for you.
Find out whether Endeavour Foundation is the charity for you. In this evaluation we describe what this charity does and why, what you should know about them, how your money is spent, who is running the organisation and whether they deliver results. Last of all, we recommend whether you should donate to them based on the findings of our analysis.