Donate with confidence.
Who are Mission Australia?
Mission Australia are a “national Christian charity helping Australians in need move towards independence”. They do this by delivering evidence-based services and advocating for those in need.
Why do they exist?
Mission Australia are inspired by Jesus Christ and exist to meet human need and to spread the knowledge of the love of God.
What do they do?
Mission Australia deliver the following services.
- Homelessness & housing: offering specialist support services that enable vulnerable people to avoid and escape homelessness; providing crisis and transitional accommodation, as well as social and affordable housing.
- Families, children & early learning: providing extensive support for families and children, including high quality early learning services; creating stable, nurturing environments for children, families and communities to strengthen and thrive.
- Young people: offering diverse services to help young people engage positively with family, community, education and employment; listening to them and empowering them to lead positive change in their lives and society.
- Disability & mental wellbeing support: providing individual, targeted and flexible care for people with disability and mental health issues, as well as their families and carers, to overcome the challenges they face and achieve their goals.
- Employment skills & training: helping early school leavers, the long-term unemployed and people with disability gain confidence, experience and skills to resume study, explore training and job opportunities, and earn an income.
- Alcohol, drugs & dependencies support: offering holistic support to people affected by alcohol, drug and gambling issues; working with individuals to overcome dependency, addressing the underlying factors that led to their addiction.
They also undertake advocacy to inform government policy and public perceptions for disadvantaged Australians.
How do they earn their money?
How do they spend their money?
Should I donate to Mission Australia?
Mission Australia are a legally registered charity with deductible gift recipient status. They are trustworthy, clearly presenting their finances, their governance structure, their management personnel, and the policies they follow to ensure the integrity of the organisation. They also demonstrate that they are an effective charity. Evaluation and evidence-based programming is a core focus of their organisation. The have a clear strategy, describe their programs, undertake program evaluations and share the results of their program evaluations for others to learn from. They also undertake research to understand the best kind of evaluation strategy for their programs.
Mission Australia demonstrate they are both trustworthy and effective. Based on our analysis, we believe your donation will be used carefully and strategically to achieve their mission. It is for this reason we give a ‘donate with confidence’ recommendation.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
We have investigated the finances, operations and results of Mission Australia and present our evaluation in a report that you can download now. This evaluation shows you how your donation is spent, who is running the organisation and whether there are any potential conflicts of interest. It also examines whether the charity can demonstrate that they are delivering meaningful results. Finally, it contains our recommendations for potential donors and the reasoning behind them.
Download our complete evaluation of Mission Australia below to find out if they're the charity for you.
Find out whether Mission Australia is the charity for you. In this evaluation we describe what this charity does and why, what you should know about them, how your money is spent, who is running the organisation and whether they deliver results. Last of all, we recommend whether you should donate to them based on the findings of our analysis.