Donate with confidence.
Who are yourtown?
yourtown (formerly known as BoysTown) provide services to young people across Australia “to find jobs, learn skills, become great parents and live safer, happier lives.”
Why do they exist?
They seek to “to enable young people, especially those who are marginalised and without voice, to improve their quality of life.” yourtown’s values are derived from the Lasallian Charism. The Lasallian charism is:
spirit of faith that gives rise personally and communally to a spirit of zeal. This spirit (charism) draws those involved into community and inspires educators “to provide a human and Christian education to the young, especially the poor.”
What do they do?
yourtown deliver the following services:
- Counselling and Mentoring from Kids Helpline's 24/7 service for Australia's children and young people, Parentline for parents and carers, and face-to-face support for our services' clients.
- Family Accommodation Services that give families temporary homes and/or domestic violence support.
- Parenting and Family Services that teach young families positive parenting and connect families with community.
- Education and Re-engagement programs that keep young people in school and offer other positive pathways.
- Training and Employment services that give young people extra life choices and equip them to get jobs.
- Work Enterprises that provide on-the-job experience and skills.
- Indigenous Employment and Wellbeing programs that create job options and community engagement opportunities.
yourtown also undertake advocacy to provide “a national voice for young people to ensure they are valued, their human rights respected, and their needs and issues acknowledged in social policy.”
How do they earn their money?
How do they spend their money?
Should I donate to yourtown?
yourtown are a legally registered charity with deductible gift recipient status. They demonstrate they are trustworthy; they describe their executive team and board and are transparent with their finances. They also demonstrate they are effective. They are clear about their strategy and report their achievements against strategic objectives. They evaluate their programs, seek feedback from their beneficiaries and use the findings of their evaluations to improve service delivery. Finally, they actively seek research that helps them further understand their beneficiaries and their needs.
yourtown demonstrate they are both trustworthy and effective. Based on my analysis, we believe your donation will be used carefully and strategically to achieve their mission. It is for this reason we give a ‘donate with confidence’ recommendation.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
We have investigated the finances, operations and results of yourtown and present our evaluation in a report that you can download now. This evaluation shows you how your donation is spent, who is running the organisation and whether there are any potential conflicts of interest. It also examines whether the charity can demonstrate that they are delivering meaningful results. Finally, it contains our recommendations for potential donors and the reasoning behind them.
Download our complete evaluation of yourtown below to find out if they're the charity for you.
Find out whether yourtown is the charity for you. In this evaluation we describe what this charity does and why, what you should know about them, how your money is spent, who is running the organisation and whether they deliver results. Last of all, we recommend whether you should donate to them based on the findings of our analysis.